Knighton is a small market town in mid-Wales, right on the border with England. Its Welsh name, Tref-y-clawdd, means 'town on the dyke', the dyke in question being the boundary ditch and embankment built by King Offa in the 8th century and that still runs from Chepstow in the south to Prestatyn in the north. Knighton is the mid-point on the Offa's Dyke National Trail and is home to the Offa's Dyke Centre. The town attracts many visitors, especially walkers.
There has been a Baptist church in Knighton since 1833
Today, Knighton Baptist Church is formed of three congregations meeting in the villages of Knucklas and Coxall, and in Knighton itself.